At Pushing Limits Coaching we enable and empower people of all levels and ability to achieve their paddling goals through a supportive and inclusive community and coaching experience. We will help you push your personal limits.
meet the team
Bonnie Hancock and Danielle McKenzie have joined forces, united by our desire to help grow womens paddling.
With 10 years of coaching experience Bonnie loves helping the younger generation develop their skills in the ocean and assist young females develop their confidence and reach their potential. Bonnie is currently working as a registered dietician working in GP clinics. Her wealth of knowledge and experience is unbeatable. Hear her story and list of achievements below.
- 8 years on the Nutrigrain Ironwoman Series. Best result 2nd Kellogg’s Series round Coolum 2012.
- Multiple Australian Open board relay and swim team gold.
- Female Australian Open Double Ski gold 2011.
- 3rd Coolangatta Gold 2012.
- State Open surf race gold 2011.
- Australian Open Surf Race bronze 2011.
- World Board Rescue gold 2008 & 2012.
- 2019 ICF World Champs (Fance).
- Molokai 2019
With over 8 years competing at an Elite level in various sports Danielle is passionate about living an active and healthy lifestyle and encouraging the next generation into ski paddling. Danielle has completed a Bachelor of Sport and Exercise Science and Sports management as well as currently completing a Masters in Secondary Teaching. Her passion and can do attitude to everything she has a go at, is why she is successful.
- 7 years on the Nutrigrain Ironwoman circuit with her top overall placing coming this 2021 season with a 4th.
- Represented NZ in Surf Lifesaving at the World Championships 2014 (France), 2016 (Netherlands), 2018 (Adelaide).
- World board champion 2014, 2018. Club World Ski Champion 2016.
- Back to back National team world titles in 2014, 2016.
- One of the most decorated NZ surf lifesaving athletes, holds 41 NZ titles.
- 4x NZ Ironwoman & Ski champion.
- 2nd & 3rd Coolangatta Gold (2018, 2017).
- 1x Australian surf ski champion (2018), 2x 2nds (2019, 2021).
- 2019 ICF World Champion (France).
- 1st 2019 Hong Kong Dragon Run.
- 1st 2019 Perth Doctor
- 1st 20 Beaches Sydney.
we make a great team!
friendship through competition
As elite athletes Danielle and Bonnie have both relied on support networks and a team of people to maximise thier performance. We believe in giving other paddlers that same experience to push your limits to make you the best person you can be.